Freitag, 18. Januar 2008

Better not get sjuk!

This holds true in two ways.
Firstly, to avoid visiting a Swedish vårdcentral. I don't want to hear one single German person complain about the German health care system anymore - otherwise I'll send them to a Swedish medical centre! If it had only been the waiting time, I wouldn't have complained, that is usual in every country I guess. Maybe I was even lucky with the three hours I spent in waiting rooms to be able to get a climpse at a real Swedish doctor for 10 minutes! A friend of mine had spent the same night waiting for 5 hours at the Närakuten (emergency ward) because of a stomach ache and for an operation Swedish people sometimes have to wait for years! Vårdcentralen even has a very informative homepage where you can look up the waiting times for different operations at different hospitals! No, it's also the complicated system with having to call for a telephone appointment (telfontid) first, being called back an hour later to get an appointment at the medical centre (läkartid), when at the medical centre having to go to the Kassa first to pay 140kr just to be treated, then going to the reception, to the Kassa again, to the laboratory and back to the reception before they finally decide that you really have to see a doctor, because the nurses (at the reception and in the laboratory) weren't able to define your disease yet. Not to mention the procedure at Apoteket! When entering I was smiling about the little benches they had built in front of each counter - when it was my turn I was more than happy they were there!
But finally I got the antibiotics I had wanted because of the second reason why better not to get sick - the skiing trip to Åre which I was supposed to go to 3 days after getting fever and a sore throat! I was really afraid of not being able to join the trip, especially because the doctor couldn't really say what my disease was and so I terrorized my mum and my friend Maria with my horror scenarios of diseases I could have and protract if I went skiing. The night before we finally went I still didn't feel a lot healthier, but on the other hand I was longing too much for the snow! If I would die anyway ;-) it should at least be on the slope! :-)

In any case, I could have done without that little intermezzo...

2 Kommentare:

Mrs J. :-) hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
Mrs J. :-) hat gesagt…

...