Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008

Annemie's travels through Europe

Times are changing. Actually, I haven't found the title of my blog appropriate anymore for quite a time. After all, what I was writing about didn't only concern Sweden. Sweden has been the base of my "expeditions" for the last year, but my writing was also influenced by all the other European countries I visited and not least the people from all over the world I met, talked to and became friends with. Moving to France will mean a potentiation of these different (cross-)cultural experiences. That finally made me change the title (and url!) of my blog. "Travels" opens a broad semantic field, including physical and mental journeys which both contribute to the experiences shaping my writing. "through European society/ies and beyond" is also to be understood in those two contexts. I don't forget that those cultural differences I come across are relative in a cosmopolitan perspective. After all, compared to peoples on the other side of the globe, European's share a quite homogeneous mindset, in my opinion an opportunity to move from talking about European societies to European society. And the differences in habits and behaviour which remain plus influences resulting from exchange with other parts of the world ("beyond") give the soup of European culture it's special spice. Exciting, don't you agree?! We'll see what I'll come up with...

Keine Kommentare: